Kodi – an open-source media center doesn’t host any of its own content and permits you to stream content from the external sources. To do so, user requires Kodi add-ons and that’s where Repositories come into play.
Kodi Repo is generally a warehouse for add-ons and builds. These repositories are utilized to install any unofficial and official add-ons to enhance your Streaming experience in Kodi. Without any further fuss, let’s begin with the installation process.
Note – Kodi add-ons will offer you unlimited streaming content but could also get you into legal trouble if you stream any copyrighted Sports, Movies and TV shows.
How to Install Kodi Repository on FireStick?
Initially, we need to change the setting to install favorite addons on any device. Just follow the pre-installation steps
- Open Kodi and navigate to the Settings from Home screen
- Now choose System settings
- On the left of the screen select Add-ons
- Now, enable the Unknown Sources option
- Now click on Yes
You can install any add-ons in Kodi with just 3 simple parts as follows
- Add Source
- Install repository
- Install the Add-ons
Here are the detailed installation steps for the aforementioned parts
- Open Kodi and navigate to Settings on the Home menu
- Select File Manager
- Choose Add Source
- On the following screen, just click None option
- Enter the source URL in the assigned empty field and click OK
- Now, enter the name for this media source and click on OK
- Then, move back to the Kodi Home Screen and select Add-ons
- On the top left select Open-box or Package Installer
- Now, click Install from zip file option
- Then, you need to tap on the name which you have chosen for the source in step 6
- On the following screen, a zip file for the repository will be available.
- Then wait for the repository implementation notification
- After the repository installation, click Install from Repository option
- Click the repository which you has installed
- Now, choose Video add-ons
- Choose the add-on you wish to install
- Click Install and wait until the installation process gets over. That’s it. You have successfully installed the Kodi repositories on your device
So, this is how you will install any addon on your Kodi. The installation process is precisely the same for all addons, except where you locate the zip file. Install the Kodi repositories on your FireSticks and enjoy streaming Kodi!